Friday, April 17, 2009

What's Next?

I don't think I've ever been so intrigued by the conservative movement as I am now, mostly because it's in shambles. I think its fairly obvious that the pendulum is swinging left, and I'm mostly happy about it. However, what goes up must come down, and the right is in the process of crowning its next heir. Schmidt might officially be in the running. Me likey:

"If you put public policy issues to a religious test, you risk becoming a religious party," he said. "And in a free country a political party cannot be viable in the long-term if it is seen as a sectarian party."

(thanks Mike)

2 comments:

  1. I remember yelling and at anti-war protests and being mocked by the press. It was the first step that lead to Obama's presidency.

    Anger can begin a movement, but it cannot sustain it. Something constructive has to come of all of the passion or it will burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that he used the word "sectarian."

    ReplyDelete